I am not a desert person but do have a soft spot for cookies…just love them. Below is one of my favorite, decadent recipes. Bet you can’t just eat one!
- 2 ¼ C Flour
- 1 ¼ tea baking soda
- ¼ tea salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ dark brown sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 Lg. egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ tea vanilla extract
- 1 Tb. Plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C milk chocolate chips
- ½ C dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Wisk together flour, soda, salt in bowl
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Butter will begin to foam. Make sure to whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan, continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and five off a nutty aroma. Immediately transfer the butter to a brown to prevent burning. Cool for a few minutes.
- With an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk, vanilla, yoghurt till combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low speed just until combined. Gently fold in all the chocolate chips.
- Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350
- Once dough is chilled measure about 1 ½ tea of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten dough very thinly into the palm of your hand. Place 1 tea of chilled nutella in the middle and fold dough around it, gently roll into a ball – it doesn’t have to be perfectly rolled. Make sure that nutella is not seeping out of the dough (add more dough if necessary). Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten with your hand VERY gently (only the tips need to be flattened a bit).
- Bake cookies 9-1 minutes or until the edges of cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Cool cookies on sheet at least 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Remove cookies from baking sheets after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.