I have made this recipe many times over the last few years and never tire of it. Great with a pork or beef roast. Add a green salad, crusty bread, and a bottle of your favorite red wine. The evening just became special!
- 1 cup raw wild rice
- 5 1/2 cups defatted chicken stock
- 1 cup shelled pecan halves
- 1 cup yellow raisins
- Grated rind of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold water
- Place rice in medium-size heavy saucepan. Add stock and bring to rapid boil. Adjust heat to gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 45 minutes. )after 30 minutes check for doneness as rice should not be oo soft).
- Place a thin towel inside a colander and turn rice into colander and drain. Transfer drained rice to a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to rice and toss gently. Adjust seasonings to taste. Let stand for 2 hours to allow flavors to develop. Serve at room temperature.